How and Why to Syndicate Your Blog Posts – 2020 UPDATES
We always teach our clients to not only blog but to also syndicate each blog post in an effort to reach more readers.
Although they all take notes and write down the URLs, a couple asked us to create a cheatsheet for them.
So I did.
And I also created the below video to demonstrate each step so you know what each site looks like and how to navigate through the site to get the best results.
Below the video is the cheatsheet.
And, if you'd also like to receive our ready-made pdf, please enter your name and email address in the form below the list and it'll be sent right out to you!
- Update any required plug ins as per the notifications at the top of your wordpress screen.
- Review blog format.
- Reconnect automated syndication links.
- Review Categories.
- Review Tags (5 – 7).
- Set Featured Image with Call to Action in the description.
- View post.
- Edit post as needed for style.
- View post again.
- Repeat steps 7 – 10 as needed until you’re happy with the post.
Ok, that was really all prep, here are the steps to really syndicate your blog post:
- Copy unique blog post url;
- Post URL in IndexKings.com: paste unique URL in the big white box, check the box for deep links and click the button that says “Rapid Index”;
- Post URL in Ping at the top of the IndexKings’ site (open in a new window, or tab, so that IndexKings continues to run in the background): paste unique URL in the big white box and click the button that says “Mass Ping”;
- Post URL in Pingler.com: type in the keywords for this blog post, paste in the post’s unique URL, choose 3 categories, type in the Captcha, press the button that says “Ping”, they type in your email address to receive the report;
- Post URL on Digg: http://digg.com/tools/diggthis/confirm and press the “Submit” button;
- Post URL on MIX.com (fomerly StumbleUpon): click on your name in the upper right hand corner, choose My Profile, then “Add a Page”; paste unique blog post URL in the white box where the blinking curser is, hit the “Save” button, choose your topic (or create a new one), add preview text and Save again;
- Post URL on Medium: https://medium.com/p/import ; paste blog post unique URL in the white box and click on the “Import” button; ; click on the “See Your Story” button; format your blog post to be similar to the original on your wordpress site; add up to 5 tags before you “Publish”
Log into your Twitter account and paste your link into a tweet to LinkedIn Editors (find them on Twitter, scroll to the Tweet to LinkedIn Editors on the right and click the button to initiate the pop up and then paste your link in the empty space of the popup);AS OF MAY 2020, their account has been deleted
- Publish to your LinkedIn profile if your previous post is no longer trending;
- Publish to your LInkedIn Company Page each time (or use a tool like MissingLettr to schedule it for you 9 times throughout the year);
- Publish on your Google My Business account (you should be publishing there at least once a week... once each day is even better);
- Pin the image with the link to your blog post on Pinterest;
- Capture the image of your blog post on your smartphone and share on Instagram;
- Share a link to your blog post in Facebook and LinkedIn groups in which you are active; and
- email a snippet of your blog post to your email subscribers (not the entire post as you want them to click a link to get your post which is on your site to finish reading, watch your video and thus increase your SEO).
Congratulations, you have now syndicated your blog post!
If you'd like help with your blogging efforts:
please click this link to schedule a free 30 minute strategy session or just call us at 800.705.4265.
We look forward to helping you in every way we can!
© 2020 Yuloff CreativeLLC